On request, the Governor-General will send congratulatory messages or letters to
Antiguan and Barbudan organisations for special anniversaries and also for events,
such as major national or international conferences which are being held in Antigua and
Barbuda; cultural festivals; sporting championships, etc.
3.1. The requests for messages are to be submitted in writing, and should be
addressed to the Governor-General. It is important that the requests include the
- 3.1.1. History, goals, achievements, etc of the organisation
- 3.1.2. Anniversary/Celebration date, time, venue, etc
- 3.1.3. Contact details, that is, name, postal address, telephone number, email,
fax, etc to which the message is to be sent
- 3.1.4. How the Congratulatory Message will be used - newspaper supplement,
magazine, newsletter, to be read at a function, etc
3.1.5. State the proposed name and date of publication in magazines,
- The audiences among which the message will be circulated
- The final date by which you would wish to have the Congratulatory
- 3.2. In order to ensure that messages are returned to organisations in time for the
celebratory activities, a minimum notice of six(6) weeks is required. Requests
received with less than six weeks' notice will be accepted but there is no
guarantee that the messages will be processed in time for the celebration.
Please note also that requests received within one week of or after the date of
the celebration will not be processed.
3.3. The Office of the Governor General should be provided with copies of the
publications, where printed, for record keeping purposes.
For any further information on these protocol guidelines, please contact the Office of the
Governor General - 268 462 0002/3/4
View Full List of Protocols